Thursday, July 26, 2007

Still not very much crafting

going on, although I've spent a lot of time thinking about various crafts. I'm going to start crocheting some gloves, as they need to be done for September. Cryssie, Celine, and I are going to a 1920's/1930's style picnic in California, so we've divided up costume duties. Celine is taking the more onerous task of sewing the dresses. Cryssie is going to deal with hair and makeup. I got lucky - I got the easy task.
Last night we went to the fireworks. I didn't cook in time, so we went to Safeway and got a chicken dinner. The fireworks were very nice, although Stu had trouble getting a good picture. We were across the water from English Bay, so we had the backside view, but it was still great. (Except that there were people in chairs in front of me, so I had a bit of trouble seeing some of the fireworks, but it was okay).

And there is a mirrored building (all the windows are reflective) on English Bay, so we could see the reflection of the lower fireworks in the building. It was very impressive - all flow-y colours.

The music was good. It was all music from movie soundtracks, and they started and ended with music from Star Wars, which was appealing - I like symmetry.

No comments: